Delivering successfully on a project can be a daunting task and, whilst important, the wealth of project management techniques and terminology can be intimidating. ‘Project Management Essentials’ is designed for staff who will be involved in carrying out projects but may not necessarily see themselves as a project manager.
This one day programme is designed to explore and provide the key elements of successfully implementing, running, and delivering on a project.
- Understand what a project is and why they sometimes fail.
- Develop a project plan which sets out objectives, deliverables and measurable targets.
- Identify the key staged of a project's life cycle and their essential elements.
- Use charting and measurement techniques to plan and communicate progress.
- Identify and use useful tools and techniques to assist the project's execution and control.
- Increased confidence in setting up and running projects.
- Be able to reduce risk and manage expectations.
- Deliver more effectively and efficiently on projects.
Key Learning Objectives
- What constitutes a project and why they fail.
- The skills of a successful project manager.
- The Project Management life cycle.
- Project definition, stakeholder mapping and communicating objectives.
- Project Management planning – phases, techniques, and tools.
- Risk assessment and managing change.
- Project execution and reporting tools.
- Monitoring and controlling.
- Close out, analysis and understanding results.
- Review and objective setting.
“Friendly, Knowledgeable tutor. The programme duration was perfect, great to be able to participate from the comfort of my own home. Definitely recommended for people who are looking to gain an understanding of project management."
FUNDING & DISCOUNTS
- Check out our FUNDING page or contact us to to find out more.
- Discounts available for group bookings: Contact us to speak to a member our team.
Project Management Essentials
Contact us for dates today!
1 Day Programme
£225 + VAT